Marsala is filled with mozzarella cheese, parmesan, dried tomatoes and dipped in a delicious mushroom sauce.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!
Although easy to make with simple ingredients, this dish looks elegant and elegant. If you’ve never tried chicken before, don’t worry! Walk in the park. Simply cut the horizontal stitch on one side of the chicken, making sure the other side is not completely cut into the pocket.
Then the bag fulfills whatever Little Heart wants. Today we put chicken with mozzarella cheese, dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. This mixture is pure heaven!Print
Marsala is filled with mozzarella cheese, parmesan, dried tomatoes and dipped in a delicious mushroom sauce. #chickenrecipes #stuffed #maindish #healthy #comfortfood #easydinners #deliciousmeals #betterthantakeout
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
julienned you can buy sun dried tomato halves and thinly slice them yourself)
- 1 12-ounce jar julienned sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained (if you can’t find them
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups marsala cooking wine (may sub chicken broth)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- grated parmesan cheese and parsley or thyme for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Use a sharp knife to cut a slit horizontally along one side of the chicken breast, being sure not to cut all the way through the chicken – the goal is to make a “pocket”.
- Fill each pocket with 2 slices of mozzarella cheese, 1/4 of the sun dried tomatoes, and 1/4 of the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Pinch together the open side of the chicken breasts and secure with toothpicks. Drizzle chicken with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, and Italian seasoning, rubbing in with your fingers.
- Transfer chicken to a large oven-safe skillet and brown chicken over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Place chicken on a plate while you prepare the marsala sauce.
- In the same pan (don’t clean it) add marsala cooking wine, garlic, mushrooms, salt and pepper, and heavy cream. Stir and bring to a boil and cook for 3-4 minutes. Return chicken pan and spoon some of the sauce over the chicken.
- Transfer skillet to preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked all the way through and cheeses are melted. Spoon sauce over the chicken, top with grated parmesan cheese and parsley or thyme if desired, and serve.
I use sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Chicken, marsala, stuffed