This Chicken Foil Packet is made with a Mexican flair, combining black beans, corn and salsa! Cook on the grill, in the oven or over the campfire for a delicious flavor-packed meal.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!Print
- 4 chicken breasts 7-8 oz each
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 15 oz black beans drained & rinsed
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 cup diced bell peppers any color
- 3/4 cup salsa or 10 oz Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese or monterey jack
- cilantro tomatoes & jalapenos for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place four large pieces of foil on work surface and spray each with cooking spray. Place 1 chicken breast on each piece of foil and season with chili powder, salt & pepper.
- Divide beans, corn, peppers, and salsa over top of chicken breasts.
- Fold in the ends to seal each packet. Place packets the grill vegetable side down for 10 minutes.
- Flip packets over and grill an additional 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and reaches 165°F.
- Place packets on a large baking pan. Carefully open packets and top with cheese. Place the baking pan back on the grill to melt the cheese.
- Top as desired.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Santa Fe Chicken Foil Packets