You only need 3 main ingredients to make this low carb tortilla. If you publish them well, you’ll become very crispy. My kids think this taste is better than Doritos.
They actually taste better! It’s crispy, tasty, cliche and spicy (you can adjust the taste of spices, even with a little salt) and the gokamol okado is definitely your dream.
Next time, I want to use it to make a dish filled with corn paper. I just think about it!Print
You only need 3 main ingredients to make these low carb tortilla chips. If you roll them out thinly, they become really crunchy. My kids thought the tasted much better than Doritos
- 2 tbsp psyllium husk or 2 tsp psyllium husk powder
- optional: 1/4 tsp each garlic powder/onion powder/paprika
- 200 g / 2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella
- pinch salt
- 75 g / 3/4 cup almond flour ground almonds work well too
- Heat your oven to 180 Celsius / 356 Fahreheit.
- Melt the mozzarella in the microwave (ca 90 sec-2 min). Alternatively, heat gently in a non-stick pot.
- Add the almond flour/ground almonds and psyllium husk plus the salt and spices, if using. Stir until combined, then knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Separate the dough into 2 balls and roll out between 2 sheets of baking/parchment paper. Roll out as thinly as possible! The thinner, the crispier your tortilla chips will turn out.
- Cut into triangles (I used a pizza cutter) and spread out on a sheet of baking paper so the tortilla chips don’t touch.
- Bake 6-8 minutes or until browned on the edges. Baking time will depend on the thickness of your tortilla chips. I baked mine in 2 rounds, plus a third round for the off-cuts.
- My tortilla chips weighed around 5-8 grams each and the batch made around 40 chips.
- I’d say if you have a couple of dips, they would be enough for 8 people as a nibble/appetizer (or 4 people if it’s more the main attraction of the evening).
- Nutrition is calculated on the basis of 8 servings (5 tortilla chips per serving).
- If you don’t have psyllium husk, use 2 more tbsp of almond flour instead.
- UPDATE >> A reader who made these pre-cut the tortilla chips, but did not separate them by hand. They separated on their own whilst in the oven. I have not tried this myself yet, but will do when I make my next batch!
- Category: keto
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Calories: 143 kcal
- Sugar: 0.6g
- Fat: 9.2g
- Carbohydrates: 4.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 8.3g
Keywords: keto snack, low carb snack, low carb tortilla