Chicken piccata with lemon sauce is exquisite and easy to prepare. Seasoned with parmesan and parsley, the chicken cooks up golden brown.
Did you find this post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest!Print
Chicken piccata with lemon sauce is exquisite and easy to prepare. Seasoned with parmesan and parsley, the chicken cooks up golden brown #chickenpiccata #withlemonsauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup dry white wine or chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow dish, combine the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons wine, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown 4 chicken breast halves in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. Drain drippings.
- Repeat with remaining chicken and oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add the remaining wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced by a fourth. Drizzle over chicken.
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 232 calories
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 346mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
Keywords: Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce