ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert). It is composed of wheat, milk. Asura is used as an adjective meaning “powerful” or “mighty”. In the Rigveda, two generous kings, as well as some priests, have been One hymn requests a son who is an asura.
See recipes for ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert) too. Ashure or Ashura is a traditional Mediterranean dish. Ashure is pudding like dessert Ashure or Ashura is a porridge like dessert that is so popular in the Middle East and We will also need cornstarch for thickening and an optional dried fruits or nuts for garnishing. You can have ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert)
- It’s 250 gm of whole wheat grains.
- Prepare 250 ml of whipping cream.
- You need 1000 ml of full fat milk, preferably tetra pack.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rose water.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of golden raisins, seedless.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 4 cups+ 3 cups of water.
- Prepare of for garnishing.
- You need as needed of freshly grated coconut.
- It’s as needed of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare as needed of pistachios.
- It’s as needed of toasted almond slivers.
Why you should fast the day of ‘Ashura Don’t forget to fast the day of ‘Ashura! (The tenth of Muharram) Here’s why. It will forgive a whole year of sin. The Prophet ﷺ said: “For fasting the day of ‘Ashura, I hope that Allah will accept it as. Desserts form an important part of any meal in Egypt.
ASHOURA (An Egyptian Dessert) instructions
- Wash and soak whole wheat overnight in 4 cups of water. Drain the water next morning..
- In a pot add the drained wheat along with 3 cups of warm water. Cover and let cook on simmer till the wheat grains are cooked through. Let cool. Do not drain The water..
- In a blender puree I cup of the boiled wheat using the water(as required) it was boiled in.Add he pureed wheat back into the remaining wheat..
- Combine milk, sugar, rose water,vanilla extract,raisins and cornstrach making sure there are no lumps.Add to the wheat and cook,stirring occasionally, until the consistency thickens..
- Pour into individual serving bowls or one big dessert bowl. Let cool completely.Garnish with grated coconut, cinnamon powder, pistachios and toasted almond slivers before serving..
- Can be served warm or cold..
Ashoura is marked on the tenth day of Muharram, the first month It marks the day Nuh (Noah) left the Ark and the day Musa (Moses) was saved from the Pharaoh of Egypt by God. Basbousa is an Egyptian semolina cake drenched in syrup. This version comes from my Aunt Maha, one of the kindest and most generous women I know. Though she always serves this cake when I visit her in Toronto, she has kept this family recipe close for years. Ashura is a holiday celebrated annually in Turkey.